1. Transportation, Shipping. The renter is responsible for providing safe transportation of rental items for pick-up and delivery. The Renter is solely responsible for paying for any damage to the rental items during transportation. Wherever applicable, the Renter will pay all shipping and handling costs. The Renter must contact LJN Productions at least 2 days prior to pick-up and dropoff to make arrangements for same. Rental items must be dropped off in the designated location. Failure to do so will result in the loss of part or all of the security deposit.
2. Security Deposit. A security deposit of 20% of the total order must be received with a signed copy of this Agreement on or before pick-up. When all items have been returned and inspected to ensure that they are in acceptable condition, the Renter’s security deposit will be returned, within 7 days following the return date.
3. Rental Period. The minimal rental period is 3 weeks. The renter understands and agrees that rentals for less than the minimum rental period will be charged at the full rental rate for the minimum rental period.
4. Due Date for Payment. If payment is to be made under a purchase order, the due date for payment is 14 days following the invoice date. Overdue payments will be charged interest of 2% from the due date until payment is received.
5. Cancellation. Failure to cancel a reservation within 7 days prior to the pick-up date will result in forfeiture of the security deposit.
6. Late Returns. Failure to return the order by 9pm on the return date will result in additional rental fees.
7. Lost or Damaged Items. The renter agrees to return all rental items in the condition in which they were received, except for normal wear and tear and any necessary repairs as set out in paragraph eleven. All or part of the security deposit may be used to cover the cost of repairing or replacing damaged or lost items, and any shortfall will be charged to the Renter.
8. Acceptance on As Is Basis. The Renter agrees to accept the rental items on an “as is” basis with the understanding that many of the items are used and may have imperfections, but that these imperfections will not affect the production value of the items.
9. Repairs. The Renter may, with LJN Productions’s prior written permission, make necessary repairs to the rental items during the rental period.